Student-Faculty interaction in the department is enhanced through the activities of student organizations.
The Psychology Association at Texas State University is an undergraduate academic group for anyone looking to get involved with the realm of psychology. Our mission is to inform individuals about careers and graduate study in the field of psychology, to provide opportunities for our members to strengthen their resumes with research and volunteer activities, and to establish a casual atmosphere that will foster friendships and support among our members.
Becoming a Member
To become a member of the Association, you simply need to pay a one-time-only $25.00 membership fee each Fall (if you wish to join mid-year, in the Spring, it will be $15). This fee, which will help fund volunteer outings and social activities, must be paid to the Treasurer by the third meeting. These are generally held bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 5:30pm in THH 275. Details are included on the website below.
Meetings are now generally held biweekly on Wednesdays at 5:30pm in THH 275.
Psi Chi International Honor Society
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology. Membership in Psi Chi is open to majors with strong academic records. Membership requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 9 hours in Psychology Credit (completed, not in-progress)
- Must have a minimum Psychology GPA of 3.0
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must have a ranking in the top 35% of one's class in general scholarship
- A one-time application fee of $80, which is refunded in the event the applicant is not accepted. Payments can ONLY be made via the PayPal account (linked below)
The deadline for applications for consideration for the Fall 2023 induction of new Members into Psi Chi is Friday, October 20st, 2023. Applications will NOT be processed until the payment has been submitted by the deadline.